Author Christine de Beer sent us this lovely video recently, an animation looking through her newly-published book, The Effortless Floral Craftsman, A Floral Crafter’s Guide to Crafting with Nature. We are proud to have assisted in the production of her book, printed and bound here in Victoria by First Choice Books!
About the book:
An effortless floral craftsman learns the craft, practices the techniques, and develops the skills to set up her best environment so that her talent can flourish. She discovers effortless designing is not so much easy, as it is unforced, natural, and graceful. The Effortless Floral Craftsman is the ideal guide for every floral crafter’s journey in crafting with nature.
Christine de Beer explores why we harvest, purchase, condition, and hydrate plant material, from the plant’s perspective. From there, it is all about you, the artist.
Christine explains how to:
- Collect tools and set up a design space that suits your design style.
- Get your design advice from nature to craft realistic floral illusions.
- Develop your skills and abilities without compromising your own natural talent.
- Remain inspired and clearly speak the language of flowers.
- Deliberately add your personality to your work.
- Be part of an inspirational floral design community that is supportive, creative and ethical.
The Effortless Floral Craftsman bursts with over 140 designs and three times that many how-tos, why-tos, inspirations, and design notes. This book is a daily companion and resource for the beginner floral crafter, experienced designer, and everyone in between. Through it, you will discover new ways to develop your own effortless style.
To purchase copies, you can contact Christine de Beer directly through her website: www.christinedebeer.ca