The Effortless Floral Craftsman by Christine de Beer is a book we recently published. The author sent us a lovely video which contains an animation of her newly-published book.Please see the video below:
About the book:
The Effortless Floral Craftsman is the ideal guide for every floral crafter’s journey in crafting with nature. In the book a floral craftsman learns the craft, practices the techniques, and develops the skills necessary so that her talent can flourish. She discovers effortless designing is not so much easy, as it is unforced, natural, and graceful.
Christine de Beer explores in her book why we harvest, purchase, condition, and hydrate plant material, from the plant’s perspective. From there, it is all about you, the artist.
Christine explains how to:
- Collect tools and set up a design space that suits your design style.
- Get your design advice from nature to craft realistic floral illusions.
- Develop your skills and abilities without compromising your own natural talent.
- Remain inspired and clearly speak the language of flowers.
- Deliberately add your personality to your work.
- Be part of an inspirational floral design community that is supportive, creative and ethical.
The Effortless Floral Craftsman bursts with over 140 designs. It also provides three times that many how-tos, why-tos, inspirations, and design notes. This book is a daily companion and resource for the beginner floral crafter, experienced designer, and everyone in between. Through it, you will discover new ways to develop your own effortless style.
To purchase copies, you can contact Christine de Beer directly through her website: www.christinedebeer.ca